The European Commission, with the support of the EC-funded projects CARTRE and SCOUT, announces the First European Conference on connected and automated driving: ‘Connected and Automated Driving – Together, shaping the future‘.
Major road transport stakeholders – automotive and telecom industry, users, road operators, public transport operators, regulators, research centres, universities and representatives of both EC and EU Member States – are invited to attend.
The event will be a unique opportunity for all participants to network and to discuss on how to boost the development and deployment of connected and automated driving technologies from a fourfold perspective: transport policy issues; technological challenges; legal and regulatory frame, and digital transformation.
For two days, EU leaders, CEOs and representatives from major road transport stakeholders will discuss interactively on:
- Role of R&I and policy making to accelerate roll out in Europe;
- What’s going on in the Member States;
- Role of connectivity between vehicles, road infrastructure and other road users to enhance performance;
- Progress of C-ITS deployment and how it supports automated driving throughout Europe’s main corridors;
- Latest findings of European-funded projects;
- The importance of international cooperation
Participants will enjoy a blend of plenaries, thematic breakout sessions and exhibition of funded projects.
A series of thematic side-events will take place on the 5th and 6th April 2017 upon invitation only.
Registration to the conference is free and will open at the end of January 2017.