The MANUNET network is launching a call for project proposals in the field of collaborative, market-oriented R&D in manufacturing. Luxinnovation and the Ministry of the Economy have joined MANUNET, thereby making it possible for Luxembourg companies to participate.The deadline for submitting a pre-proposal is 17 March 2017.
The strategic objective of MANUNET is to foster the competitiveness of Europe’s manufacturing industry by co-funding manufacturing research projects performed by enterprises and their strategic partners. This call for proposals covers all fields of manufacturing, structured as follows:
- Knowledge-based engineering, information and communication technologies for manufacturing (industrial robotics, computer-aided engineering and design, automated manufacturing, zero defect manufacturing, product lifetime management, etc.)
- Manufacturing technologies for environmental and energy applications including resource efficiency and recycling
- Adaptive manufacturing technologies including processes for removing, joining, adding, forming, consolidating and assembling
- New materials for manufacturing (alloys, lubricants, coatings, textile fibres, construction, composites, insulation, etc.)
- New manufacturing methods, components and systems (development of demonstrators, devices, tooling and equipment, logistic systems, etc.)
- Other technologies, products and services related to the manufacturing field
TRANSNATIONAL, COLLABORATIVE R&D PROJECTS
MANUNET can cofund transnational, collaborative R&D with a significant degree of innovation and scientific and technical risk. Projects should be market-oriented and focus on the application and practical use of manufacturing technologies.
Project consortia must consist of at least two independent partners (and include at least one SME) belonging to two participating countries or two regions in different countries. Regions in Belgium, Germany, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Russia, Spain and Turkey participate in this call for proposals. Projects with up to 4 or 5 participants are expected.
ATTRACTIVE NATIONAL COFUNDING
MANUNET projects are funded and monitored at national level. In Luxembourg, funding is provided by the Ministry of the Economy in the form of subsidies. Maximum funding rates are as follows (different types of activities may be carried out in a single project):
|Type of activities||Small enterprise||Medium-sized enterprise||Large enterprise|
TWO-STEP PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
The call follows a two-step application procedure, thus reducing the administrative burden for applicants. Pre-proposals should be submitted by 17 March 2017, 17:00 (CET). After a first screening, the best applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal by 12 July 2017, 17:00 (CET). Proposals must be prepared and submitted electronically using the MANUNET electronic submission system (ESS).
Interested Luxembourg participants are invited to contact Luxinnovation to submit their project idea, to request help to identify relevant partners, to get support in the preparation of their application, and much more.