The Luxembourg Automobility Cluster (LAC) actively supports various automotive component and services suppliers with the goal of creating and developing new, sustainable business opportunities through collaborative R&D and innovation projects, sectorial competence mapping, operational excellence, training and education, and business development.
Discover the Luxembourg Automobility Cluster video
With the active support of the first members, the LAC started to develop its future program of activities mid of 2014. The LAC programme consisting out of regular networking events, themed conferences, workshops and trade missions, is designed around the following five focus areas:
- Automotive Campus project, an industrial site specialized in automotive components R&D, offering synergy potential in testing and validation, prototyping, warehousing, training & education. Besides synergy potential, the campus will actively push technology exchange and open innovation!
- Competence mapping & competence creation, helping the LAC members to survive and grow in one of the most challenging technology markets;
- Operational excellence, exchange of best practice in manufacturing and product development (processes, efficiency improvement, quality improvement), purchasing and logistics;
- Training, education and recruitment, to further improve the quality and flexibility of the most precious asset of the LAC: Human resources
- Business development, aiming at “easy” access into the European Automotive market, also for non-European investors; improve international visibility of Luxembourg as automotive competence centre.
The Luxembourg Automobility Cluster (LAC) is powered by Luxinnovation, the National Agency for Innovation and Research, with the aim to bring together the key players of the sector to promote common objectives and ambitions for innovation and economic development.